Belmont Studios originally opened in downtown Birmingham in 1958. A young couple, Nick and Christine Cottis started their journey photographing senior portraits all over the state of Alabama. As the business grew, a decision was made to move to Vestavia in the early 70’s. At that time, son Doug joined the business and added a full service photo lab that enabled the studio to finish orders in house.
Further growth in the business made necessary the move to the present location in Pelham in 1996. The third generation of the Cottis family now operates the 8,750 sq.ft studio. Belmont employs 23 employees including 7 staff photographers.
The company’s number one priority since 1958 has been to offer the highest quality, affordable photography, year after year.